PDA

View Full Version : Library

stljlt
01-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Why does it seem like the library has gone silent ? All the great writers that contribute stories to my favorite part of the whole Cantoon site seem to have just stopped posting. If it has to do with the new format, then please...go back ! Maybe it's a writer's strike of some kind I don't know, but I really miss the great stories. I would rather pay $7.00 for an active library than the premium vault.

reader
01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanx for making me feel wanted (According to my files, you did thank me for two of my best stories.)
In my case, a dry spell has to do first with being demoralized by releasing two clunkers after I thought I knew how to write pulptoon stories. Having overcome that I am flailing about at the keypad again and hope to eventually get something worth posting. (I'm kicking around ideas like what cannibal entree can best be made by having a suicidally compliant chef cooking on the INSIDE of the dish.) I'm gonna go back now and give the "Fine dining club" story another session.

Any other writers want to give updates?

Jack
01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
would like to see a story about a housewife being the main dish

WomanRoaster1
01-21-2010, 01:41 AM
I haven't written in awhile because I am back a college, and I am a video game addict. I can't stop my schooling, and I let the games run their course, then I will be back writing.

DPMaster
01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
My focus is so narrow -- specifically on breast-eating -- that I'm not sure the audience in general is big on it. And, frankly, I see so little written by other authors that do my favorite topic justice that I kind of get burned out on writing new stuff.

softcoresicko
01-21-2010, 07:29 PM
@stljlt: I don't think it's a writers' strike; as with any strike, for it to be effective, people have to know about it. If your garbage stops getting picked up and your garbage men are telling everyone who'll listen that they aren't being paid enough, it's a strike; if nobody says anything, it's written off as sheer laziness. Given that there are still writers publishing stories on PulpToon (blackriderfae, Ludivico, and myself, just to cite some recent examples), I'd say the chance of a writers' strike is pretty low.

If there is a connection between the forum redesign and lower numbers of stories being posted, I think the connection is probably more indirect. If you're an author here, your only compensation for the time and effort you spend writing are the comments and 'Thanks!' you get from readers; with the Library now a subforum, it's harder to get people in to read your work and provide you with any feedback, making you (if you're like me) less inclined to do the work needed to keep writing. (Add in the fact that a 'Nude Girls' thread can get significantly more response just by posting pictures of an attractive girl in the altogether (with no captions or even vaguely cannibal/pulp-themed material in the picture) and making a few comments about her being 'good enough to eat', and spending time to write even a short story doesn't seem worthwhile.) Ralph was actually making just such an observation himself (about the library being a subforum, not the whole naked girls getting more comments rant):http://www.pulptoon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7040

Edited because I didn't bother to proofread before I posted this.

blackriderfae
01-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Well, I am not sure first off if I am counted as one of the ones you enjoy, but there is an issue, firstly, of coming up with things to write about...and then actually getting them on to paper. That, as most any writer can tell you, does take some doing :) And some stories I (and presumably others) just don't work out, or take a long time "get right".

Apart from that, it can be disillusioning when you tend to enjoy writing certain subject matter or sorts of ideas that aren't the group favorite, or such, as it were, as writing generally takes a lot of thought and effort.

I am sure most/all of the writers are not holding out just to be contrary or "go on strike" as it were, even if the current site setup does kind of hide the library away along with some diminishing amounts of cann art/stories compared to just photos of naked girls. There are many factors for that forum kind of drying up, but trends can be observed certainly I think.

WAXED
01-24-2010, 04:12 AM
I am actually looking for a new site to post my stories. I do not like that the stories have been place in the sub-forum. I have three completed stories and as soon as I find a place to post them that they might get the attention I would like, I will post them.

stljlt
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
That's the kind of yhing I was afraid I would hear. You are one of my very favorite writers here WAXED, and enjoy all af your work. As someone who can't even compose a simple letter very well, I appreciate the time and effort that must be required to write and post a story. I will be looking for and forward to reading more of your stories.

Ralph_LeCan
01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey -

Please see my comments over on the "Topics..." Forum.

MarkC
01-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Honestly, it's finding time TO write that's slowing me down.

I've been meaning to post up more story, but the real world keeps getting in the way.
I hope to get back at it in the next little while though, if all settles down at my end. :)

WomanRoaster1, can't wait to read more of your works!